Learn how to achieve more without sacrificing your mental health
→ Define your ambitions, design a self-reflection practice, and reach your goals without burning out.
Our latest masterclass started on November 7th, 2022.
According to Marty McFly in the classic 1985 movie Back to the Future, “If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.”
Now that we live in a world where there is more information available at our fingertips than we could ever consume, it can indeed seem like anything is possible. One just needs a bit of imagination and determination.
Why is it then that we struggle so much to accomplish our goals? Why do we start many projects but only finish a few, if any? Why do we spend so much time procrastinating instead of learning and creating?
The problem is that our society has been built on productivity principles. We focus on getting things done, but we rarely ask ourselves why and how best to get things done. We treat ourselves like conveyor systems without taking our mental health into account. This pure focus on productivity can ironically prove counterproductive.
Fortunately, there is an alternative approach: mindful productivity.
In this course, you’ll learn how to interrupt your autopilot mode and how to explore your mental states so you can gain new perspectives on your work, your goals, and your creative process.
The latest masterclass started on November 7th.
The Mindful Productivity Masterclass is for you if…
- You get excited about many ideas, but find it difficult to stick to one with consistency.
- You feel busy, your days are full, but you don’t have a clear sense of purpose.
- You have a long list of unfinished projects.
- You understand how to get things done, but have been struggling to decide which goal to pursue.
- You’re ambitious, curious and creative, but don’t know where to direct your energy.
- You’re a philomath (a lover of learning), a multi-hyphenate, but you tend to burn out because you’re passionate about too many things.
This is not a quick hack, a magic bullet, or a step-by-step recipe. This is not one of those “ultimate productivity methods” based on one person’s success. Rather, mindful productivity is a curiosity engine, a malleable framework to define your ambitions, experiment, learn, and grow.
Over four weeks, you’ll learn how to set meaningful goals, how to practice flexible consistency, how to implement metacognitive strategies, and how to reinvent your definition of success so you can focus on impact instead.
Not only will you create a system that will make you creative and productive (the how), you will learn about the principles behind the mindful productivity framework (the why).
The course includes:
- 4 lessons with practical strategies
- Weekly assignments and worksheets to put the lessons into practice
- Case studies showing you how others have implemented these principles
- Access to our learning community, with discussion forums and virtual events (including our popular Annual Review Workshop in December)
All the content will be taught by yours truly – Anne-Laure Le Cunff, creator of Ness Labs – who is applying those mindful productivity principles everyday at work.
In the past couple of years, I’ve grown Ness Labs to 50,000 newsletter subscribers, written hundreds of articles, built an online community, and I’m currently pursuing a PhD in neuroscience.
Again, this is not one of those after-the-fact methods designed to give you an illusory sense of control. In the very long-term, I still have no idea where I’m going.
But my biggest achievement is that I’m having tons of fun, and I do believe everyone can achieve their goals without sacrificing their mental health.
What will I achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll have a sustainable productivity system, a self-reflection practice that works for you, and one ongoing project you truly care about.
You’ll have a toolkit and strategies to help you deal with procrastination and anxiety at work. No overwhelm trying to figure out what you should be working on. No more struggling with consistency.
Besides helping with focus and mental clarity, the Mindful Productivity Masterclass will also help you notice signs of anxiety or stress at work earlier so you can better deal with them.
Finally, you’ll also have valuable connections with fellow mindful makers by gaining access to the Ness Labs community where people like you strive to be more creative and more productive.
How do I join?
If you’re an annual member of the Ness Labs community, you don’t need to do anything. The Mindful Productivity Masterclass is included in your membership and will be available here. If you’re not a member yet, click on the button below to join the community for $49:
The course started on November 7th 2022. You can watch the recordings of the previous sessions and participate live in the remainder of the course.
What’s the curriculum?
The one-hour live sessions will be held at 4pm UTC, which in the U.S. is 8am on the West Coast, 11am on the East Coast, and elsewhere: 5pm in Paris, 8pm in Dubai, 9:30pm in Mumbai, and midnight in Singapore. Don’t worry if you can’t make it – all sessions will be recorded.
MODULE 1: PACT
Monday, November 7th 2022
- Break free from cognitive scripts
- Become a mind gardener
- Transform your goals into growth loops
- Define your pact
MODULE 2: ACT
Monday, November 14th 2022
- Forget the outcome, focus on your output
- Practice flexible consistency
- Deal with your cognitive bottlenecks
- Choose your anchor ritual
MODULE 3: REACT
Monday, November 21st 2022
- Apply metacognitive strategies
- Design an effective self-reflection practice
- Make friends with procrastination
- Learn in public
MODULE 4: IMPACT
Monday, November 28th 2022
- Grit is overrated, learn when to quit
- Embrace the squiggly path
- Achieve collective impact
- Pursue lifelong learning
- Optional: Online Creators Virtual Meetup
- Exclusive interviews with mindful makers such as Khe Hy, Steph Smith, Ali Abdaal, Tiago Forte, Dr. Emily Anhalt, Kathlyn Bourgouin, Polina Marinova Pompliano, and more.
- Also included: Annual Review Workshop in December to review your achievements, process your challenges, and plan the year ahead.
Any other questions?
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the course.